St. Mary Catholic School Mission Statement
It is the mission of St. Mary Catholic School to be a partner with parents in the spiritual and academic education of their children. This Catholic Education is rooted in the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ and takes place in a positive atmosphere where students are encouraged to reach their full potential, both in living out their Catholic faith and pursuing academic excellence.
St. Mary School Philosophy
Flowing from this Mission Statement, Saint Mary –
Proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ;
- Develops a faith community in which Gospel virtues are formed, experienced, and lived;
- Preserves and teaches doctrines and traditions of our Catholic faith;
- Encourages the students to live their Catholic Faith through the sacraments, prayers and devotions of the Catholic Church;
- Provides a learning environment which fosters academic excellence;
- Focuses on the spirit of stewardship by challenging each student to use their gift of time, talent, and treasure to glorify God and benefit others.
Witness The Difference Diocesan Tuition Assistance Program
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lHskDZNrYk#action=share Paste into your browser to hear a message from Bishop Boyea. Families with students in grades Kindergarten through 12 grade can apply for tuition assistance. $750 for grades K-8 and $1000 for grades 9-12. Applications are due by March 1st. Please call the school office for more details at 734-878-5616.
SCHOOL REOPENING PLAN FOR PHASE 4 OF COVID-19
SCHOOL COVID REPORTING DASHBOARD:
NOVEMBER 3, 2020
The primary mission of the Church is found in Matthew 28 – the Great Commission, “Go teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to carry out all I have commanded you.” The second great command comes at the Last Supper when Jesus washes the disciples’ feet in John’s gospel and tells them, “As I have done, so you must do.”
These missions come down to sharing the Good News, celebration of the sacraments, catechizing, and service. All that we do as a universal Catholic Church must tie back, in some way, to these Christ-centered goals. Here at St. Mary, we try to do this in a variety of ways, and we invite you to share in the Church’s missions given to us by Christ. As you review these parish activities, discern your own gifts – what you have been given by God to offer back to the good of the Church, and honestly make a commitment of time and talent to fulfill them. The blessings you receive will be greater than what you give. It’s part of the joy of Christianity.